Monday, June 17, 2019

Tea Cozy

My dad is a big tea drinker.  He makes himself a pot of tea every morning.  And for as long as I can remember, he's had the same tea cozy.  It's really not in great shape and last year when he visited, he brought it with him and asked me to make him a new one.  I was able to trace the size and shape of the one he has and used that to make a template.


The embroidery pattern is Moonlight Pine by Cozyblue Handmade.  It's on both the front and the back.  I really, really love this pattern and the second I saw it, I knew it was perfect for my dad.  Who of course immediately set to identifying what type of pine it is. 


I used a Bosal double-sided fusible and really like the heft it gives as well as how well it holds its shape.  Dad is thrilled!  Here we are at our local diner, Happy's Grill, for breakfast the morning he left to drive back to Oregon.  Happy's is my Cheers--everyone knows us and there are a lot of regulars! (Not sure why it looks empty in this picture!)

Ironically, he's drinking coffee
The tea cozy is on my list of projects needed for my PhD (Projects Half Done) with Quilting Gail and was #1 on my list of Q2 finish along goals.



7 comments:

  1. My Dad was a tea drinker, too, so I understand the importance of a good cozy. Your embroidery elevates it well beyond the ordinary, and is clearly ideal for your Dad. I'm sure he'll think of you whenever he uses it. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad drank tea later in life, and we still have one of the pots he used. A very sweet gift andt and hooray for the finish. The embroidery design is quite lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect and fun gift for your dad! He looks pretty happy with it in the photo too. I had to smile when you commented that he was busy finding out what type of tree. We are so much like that. In the middle of a book, or movie, we'll be looking up a place or thing, because we just have to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tea cozy and a happy smiling Dad, your embroidery makes it unique. Well done you, on a special finish and for making your Dad very happy. I drink tea always made in a teapot, I hate a bag in a cup. I don’t possess a tea cozy though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gift for your dad!!! He's got a great smile! We're tea drinkers, too. Green tea. And make a huge pot in every morning, so I'm relating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea cozy is beautiful. I certainly remember the brown batik one that it replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special gift to your dad! Thanks for linking up to Q2 of the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete