Monday, November 2, 2020

Giraffe Pillow

Well, I'm a day too late to get credit on my October One Monthly Goal, but my giraffe pillow is now done!  I'm quite pleased with him and he looks great with the other animal pillows on our new couches!

The pattern is part of the Zoo Animals set by Kristy of Quiet Play.  I bought it several years ago but it looks like the pattern is still in her shop, both as a stand alone and as a set of 9.  This is the third I've made from that set and the lion is next.  They are paper pieced, which to be honest is not my favorite technique.  I can do it but I don't enjoy the process. I do, however, enjoy the results.

As with all the animals in my Pillow Menagerie, I used Kona solids.  This uses Earth, Caramel, and Butterscotch in the giraffe and Candy Blue for the background.  Plus Black and Snow for the eye.

This was on my list of projects for my PhD (Projects Half Done) with Gail of Quilting Gail.  My PhD has been slow-going this year but I just might make it.  This marks either my 8th or 9th completed project, depending if I count a project that became 2 quilts as one or as 2.  With a little hard work, I may finish enough that I don't need to decide.  Two months left in the year, we'll see what else I can finish.

 


7 comments:

  1. Your pillows just make me smile, they are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished is finished, on time or not! Such personalities all lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet FireMonkey loves them! They look so happy, all lined up and ready to be cuddled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your giraffe pillow! Your couch looks so inviting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillows and the use of the kona solids is perfect. Great job again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your collection of pillows! They're all just so cute. I especially love the koala. The green background was just perfect for that one.

    ReplyDelete