Monday, February 15, 2021

Round Robin #5 -- Stars

Welcome to the 5th round of the Stay at Home Round Robin!  This week it was Wendy from Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life's turn to pick, and she picked stars.  Well, she actually picked wonky stars, but I am not a wonky gal.  I planned non-wonky stars pretty much from the start, though I did mention that to Wendy at some point.  She assured me that non-wonky stars are perfectly fine, so choose the type of star that works for you!

I went with classic saw tooth stars.  I still had some of the fabulous tree print from Glacier View after using most of it on the back of my Whimsical Woods placemats and I thought the trees would be an excellent focal print for the center of my stars.  I did not have enough of any one print for the points or backgrounds so they are intentionally scrappy.  You can see that I did not fill in the corners, those will be a future round. 

 

If you are sewing along, be sure to link up with Wendy.  Here is the complete schedule for the Round Robin.  Have more questions?  Gail has lots of answers that you can find here


15 comments:

  1. Your stars look great! The dark and light together gives the effect of twinkling, I think! This is just turning out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I wasn't the only non-wonky gal! Love the intentional scrappy! The tree centers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rendition of the SAHRR. It will be a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Stars that you chose to use, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees in your centers of the stars really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally get the not so wonky feeling, but I love what you did with your stars. Now, to concentrate on stars for the mariner's compass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily! You just can't go wrong with stars of any kind, and the Sawtooth version is my absolute favorite. It looks great as you've got it placed so far - can't wait to see what you're going to do in those corners! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trees in the centre of your stars! The colours are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stars look great - love the tree fabric in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily your stars are the perfect twinkly round even if they aren’t wonky. This little quilt is perfect for a Canadian Winter Wonderland like we are having this year. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with those empty corners. I have a guess but will wait patiently until next week to see what the clue is. 😉 Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. The fussy cut trees in the center work well - have to say I love the wintery feel of this project. Certainly appropriate for the weather that is happening all around the country!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Emily this is coming along just so... so utterly cool! Ha couldn’t resist. Seriously it is really a beauty. I’m rather partial to migrating geese so that round I particularly love. I am also a stars lover though like you, not particularly wonky, so I do like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your SAHRR is really coming together. Those cool blues just play together so well. Looking forward to seeing what you've planned for the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you chose to do non wonky stars! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete