Monday, February 13, 2023

Stay at Home Round Robin #4 - Flying Geese

Welcome back to the Stay at Home Round Robin!  This week it is up to Anja at Anja Quilts to tell us what to add, and she picked Flying Geese.  

 


I went pretty simple with my flying geese.  I used a variety of brightly colored Island Batik scraps for my geese and I made them in pairs, then lined them up radiating from the center.  These were cut with my Accuquilt, which is my preferred method of making flying geese because the dog ears are already cut off.  

I've finally started sewing my rows together, using Island Batik's solid cobalt as my sashing.  I'm really enjoying seeing this come together! 

If you are sewing along, be sure to link up with Anja.  And check out all the Stay at Home Round Robin hosts to see what they did with flying geese.  

7 comments:

  1. Your SAHRR is coming along beautifully, Emily!! I really like the row by row format. SEW much easier to navigate than rounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, what a gorgeous quilt! I really love all of the extra details that you've added to your blocks - they really look great. Looking forward to seeing next week's round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flying geese and they look fabulous in their row! It is fun to see the row by row format for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your row by row, it's so colorful and fun. Looking forward to seeing what your prompt is for next week. Maybe I'll be mostly caught up by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rows, I love how your SAHRR is coming along, so pretty!
    See you on Monday for the next step ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really coming together well! It makes me wish I was on a warm, sunny beach listening to the waves ebb and flow and enjoying the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you please add me to your email list.

    ReplyDelete