Monday, February 27, 2023

Stay at Home Round Robin #6 - Pinwheels

Welcome to the final round of the Stay at Home Round Robin.  This week we are in the hands of Gail, the mastermind behind this whole shebang.  Gail chose pinwheels for her round.  With my beachy, outdoorsy feel, the pinwheels seemed right at home!  I love thinking about pinwheels blowing in the ocean breeze.



I used my Accuquilt to cut the pieces for my pinwheels.  (Actually, I used the Accuquilt for every round!)  I was in a pink mood, plus I thought they'd match the flamingos of my center.  Here are all my rounds together.


I love it!  I wanted a beach vacation, and while I didn't get one, I did get a very fun outdoor, warm, beachy feeling quilt top!

If you are sewing along, be sure to link up with Gail at Quilting Gail.  After this week, you have a few weeks to finish your Stay at Home Round Robin before our final linky party opens on March 13th.  Don't worry if you don't finish by then, just link up whatever you have!  It's always fun to see all the different quilts that come out of the Stay at Home Round Robin.  It's probably my favorite online event all year!

 

Don't forget to check out all of the hosts and see what they did with their Pinwheels!

 

6 comments:

  1. I like how you made a row quilt with the challenge, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually am not in love with row quilts, but yours has changed my mind. It's put together so very good and it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the kind of beach vacation that keeps on giving! Love this quilt so much, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, Emily! Did you use AccuQuilt for your flamingoes, too? I've been on an AccuQuilt Kick myself lately, working on cutting out the Deco quilt pattern from Lo & Behold. My strip dies are getting a workout and it's so much faster and easier that if feels like I'm cheating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beachy quilt. The rows all work so well together. It's been fun to see what everyone came up with for each round. I may not be done by the 13th, but I hope to be almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, this is fantastic! It looks so summery!! I love the rows...and the flamingos!!

    ReplyDelete