Saturday, April 2, 2016

April OMG

I'm doing the Scrap Dance Tango mystery quilt run by Carole at From My Carolina Home.  It started in January and I'm way behind.  I'm doing the full size quilt, and I need 1,100 half square triangles.  Right now, I have 666.  (Number is completely a coincidence!  I just cut a bunch and then sew them together, then repeat.)  Cutting and making all the HSTs were step 1, and since then steps 2 & 3 have come out, with step 4 due out this coming Friday.  And I'm still on step 1 making HSTs!

So my One Monthly Goal, a lovely linkup run by Heidi at Red Letter Quilts, is to make some progress on Scrap Dance Tango.  I will consider finishing all needed half square triangles and finishing all 110 units I need for Step 2 to be a successful completion of my goal. I'm not going to lie, I'd love to get farther than that, but those HSTs are time consuming, and I know April is a busy month at work, so I anticipate some evenings when I'll be too tired to sew.

Here are the first dozen half square triangles I made.  The only scraps I am eliminating are solids and batiks and scraps with not enough contrast to my background color, so it is a truly scrappy project.


I've done a few more sine that first photo, here are some of the more recent HSTs.

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one behind. I got all the first 4-patch done, but I haven't done a single one of the second group! I wanted to let you know the patterns arrived, and I'm so excited to have won them. Thank you! desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete