Friday, April 15, 2016

Q2 Goals

I finished 3 projects during Quarter 1 of the Finish Along.  This was not as well as I did last year.  I actually made a lot of progress on a lot of the projects on my list, I just didn't finish very many. To make myself feel better, I've added progress from Q1 when it was on my Q1 list and progress was indeed made.

General projects/Gifts

1. sewing machine cover
I've been wanting a sewing machine cover for a while now.  I found a great tutorial by Vanessa of The Crafty Gemini, and I plan to use batik scraps.  

2. Produce bags 
I'm not sure if this is fancy enough to qualify as a goal, but it sure is a UFO! Several Christmases ago, I made produce bags for my brother & his wife at their request.  I liked them, and bought the right material to make some for myself.  And that material has sat in a drawer every since.  I've got all I need for this, I just need to actually do it.
3. Itty Bitty Handmade
In March, Amy of Diary of a Quilter had a giveaway of the new quilt kits by Itty Bitty Handmade and I was the lucky winner!  I got my choice of their quilt kits and I picked the Rolling Hills kit.  I have a coworker expecting baby girl in June and I picked the kit out with that baby in mind.



4. Scrappy Fish
My college roommate is expecting a baby in July.  She's a marine biologist.  She made the most awesome knitted fish mobile for Munchkin when he was born.  Her baby quilt has to be fish.  I recently saw some "crumb" fish that I loved and hope to model mine after those.  I plan on using leftover bits of my I Spy fabrics.

Minis

5. batik hexies
I've been working on a batik hexies mini.
Progress in Q1: the top is now almost completely pieced.  (Five hexie sides to go as of this writing.) I've been looking at binding methods for hexie quilts, since this one will not be on a background.


6. Vintage Holiday
I want to have some hand projects to work on, and this felt embroidery project that I found in a magazine looks like a scene out of my childhood.


7. Hazel
I've been wanting to do a Hazel the Hedgehog quilt for a while now.  I finally bought the pattern.  I have some fancy marbled fabrics that I bought years ago that I'm finally going to use, and I have already picked out all my lovely Kona solids to go with them.

8. Heart Mini
I like the heart block that the February Queen in my bee picked so much that I made myself a few blocks and turned them into a mini. The top is done, but I need to finish it.


Project Linus 

9. Dinosaur
I found this great fabric in the craft bin at my (now former) library.  I plan to do some machine blanket stitch now that I have a machine that can do that! 

10. jelly roll race w/ purple sparkles
My friend Snow recently gave me a big bag of 2 1/2 inch strip scraps, and I sorted them into 2 Jelly Roll Race quilts.  I finished the first one; this is the second. 
Progress in Q1:  This top is now 2 quilts. Both are layered.  One is now quilted and at the binding stage.

11. green, white, & brown mini jelly roll
Did I mention that I'm into strips right now?  This was a great deal on a mini jelly roll, and I plan to use an online tutorial I recently found. 
Progress in Q1: I'm using the Fat Quarter Shop's Jelly Roll Jam II tutorial, and I have the strips sorted into the needed sets.

12. Snow's blocks
My friend Snow started a BOM and is now bored with it, so her finished blocks (but unfinished project) has been passed on to me.
Progress in Q1: I cut the fire truck fabric into squares to alternate with the pieced blocks.  The blocks are currently in rows but not yet assembled.
13. wizards/stars
My mom gave me this wizard fabric, and I bought some batik fabrics with stars to go with it. I have a plan for this, I just need to do it.
14. arrow
I modified this pattern to work with 2 inch squares.  I've got the arrow parts made.

2016 FAL

No comments:

Post a Comment