Monday, October 17, 2016

October paper pieced Zeplin block for Lauren

This month's Stash Bee block for my hive is a paper pieced block.  There had been other paper pieced blocks, but not in my hive.  Queen Lauren asked for a paper pieced block called Zeplin.  She said she likes bright colors and to have fun with the fabrics.  That wasn't a ton of guidance, but I took her at her word and this is what I came up with:


I like how the block came together, and Lauren mentioned that there were no points to match!  My favorite kind of block!  I actually really like the block, though I'm not sure I'd want to do enough to make a full sized project out of it.  And it was good to brush up on my paper piecing skills; I hadn't done any in a while.

The Stash Bee will start taking sign ups on November 1st for 2017.  This was my first year and I am absolutely doing it again!  It's a fun way to engage with other quilters from around the globe, and it's neat to try lots of different blocks that you wouldn't do otherwise, without the commitment of making a whole lot of them.  I'll post the link when sign-ups are open, but if anyone is interested and has any questions, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. A very dramatic block. She should have a really interesting quilt with a whole set of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the points that can be obtained from paper piecing. I'm sure she will love your block!

    ReplyDelete