Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Round Robin #4 - Signature Blocks

Welcome back to the Stay at Home Round Robin!  This week we turn to Wendy of Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life.  Wendy to tell us what to add.  She picked Signature Blocks.  Here's where I left off after last week's star round:

I knew that mathematically, I probably needed a border before adding the next round.  When Accuquilt dies were on deep sales just before Christmas, I bought both Companion sets for my 8" Cube.  The Angles set has a shape for 4" (finished) signature blocks, so I knew that I would use that, and therefore my needed to be divisible by four, which helped me figure out what size to make my border.


Then it was on to the signature blocks!  I decided to use the same fabric for all the corners.  I have a limited amount of my background fabric so I'm trying to conserve it. The purples are all from Island Batik's Fancy Feathers collection and my background fabric is Island Batik blender Cat Scratch in S'more. You will notice that I don't have corners on this border.  I decided to leave the corners open for the next round.  If you are worried about your quilt getting too big, using corners for a different round is one way to keep it from growing too fast.  


Be sure to check out the other hosts to see how they used signature blocks!  We are now halfway through the rows--though if you count the center, we're a bit more than halfway through. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! The signature blocks frame the quilt nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the coloring you did for this border, it sets the signature blocks off so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the way this is coming together, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I love the colours ... it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the signature block border. Love the switch up of the dark and light fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those purples are all so pretty. Love how your SAHRR is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily it’s just beautiful. Love your colours and the signature blocks are perfect.

    ReplyDelete