Monday, February 21, 2022

Round Robin #6 - Shoo Fly

Can you believe that it's already the final round of the Stay at Home Round Robin!  Or final host is Chris of Chrisknits and she chose Shoo Fly. A great traditional block to end on!

After the applique round, I had already added a small border.  I figured out how many 6" Shoo Fly blocks I needed and sat down to figure out fabrics.  I was running out of background (Cat Scratch in S'more) so I needed to be careful.  I ended up choosing to use the same centers for all the Shoo Fly blocks, and it was the same center that I used as the center of the Friendship Stars.  I used a light print from Fancy Feathers line for the HSTs as kind of a second background fabric for these blocks.


So here is my top after all six rounds!  It needs an outer border, but I am completely out of my background fabric now, so I'm not sure what to do.  Substitute a similar-looking fabric and hope it's not obvious?  Skip a border and just bind in dark purple?  Other suggestions?  I'd love opinions!  


 


Have you been sewing along?  I hope you've had as much fun as I have!  Chris has the linky this week, and we'll be back on March 21st for the Stay At Home Round Robin Parade.  Finished top or finished quilt, or even still in progress, all are welcome!  Thanks again to Gail for coming up with such a fun event, and to all my other co-hosts.  Be sure to visit them all:

15 comments:

  1. What a great finish, Emily! The shoo fly blocks compliment the rest of your quilt so well. I'd just go with the purple binding and call it good, but maybe someone else will suggest a better solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Emily!! I'm playing along but a bit behind right now. I hope I can catch up this week...maybe!! LOL IF I were to add a border it would be a medium and then bind in dark purple, but just binding in the dark purple would be a great frame as well! That's just MHO! Whatever you do, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for no border, just a beautiful bind-off. Your quilt looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoo fly blocks are perfect for your outer round! I might do a little pink border then out to purple...but just binding is perfect, too. It is gorgeous and you will come up with the right plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt top is gorgeous, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. My first thought was a border using the centre colours, but that would look obvious. My only concern about binding now is if you cut off any tips of the shoo fly blocks. Purple binding would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Shoo Fly blocks look great! I like that you used the same center for them as for the stars ... it ties them together nicely! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shoo fly blocks love absolutely wonderful. I love your color scheme and fabrics. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily it is just so beautiful! I almost squealed out loud when I saw it. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, Emily!!! Fun, colorful shoo fly border!!! I'm not sewing along, but I'm enjoying seeing what everyone is doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I think it doesn't need a border, but if you want it bigger you could add some of those darker fabrics from the signature blocks as a border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your quilt top is amazing. So fresh and crisp. Great job (as usual), Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete