Monday, February 14, 2022

Round Robin #5 - Applique (or Rail Fence)

Welcome back to the Stay At Home Round Robin!  This week, it is up to our mastermind Gail of Quilting Gail what we add to our quilts.  And for the first time, there are two official options for your row!  Gail initially chose applique, and then later we added an option.  So you choose: applique or rail fence.

You may recall that after Wendy's signature block round, I left my corners open for this round.  It's not a big space, but I have room for some applique flowers.  I used a new-to-me Accquilt die that I got for Christmas to cut the flowers.  All fabrics are from Island Batik's Fancy Feathers collection; there is a dark turquoise in the collection that I used for the leaves.  


In preparation for our final round, I did add a border.  It finishes off this round nicely.
 


If you are sewing along, Gail has the linky this week for your applique or rail fence round.  And be sure to check out each of the hosts:

11 comments:

  1. Perfect solution to sneak in the applique for this round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the appliquéd flowers - perfect in those corner blocks. This is coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your appliquéd flowers. Which Accuquilt die is this? I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. I love purple; it's my favorite. Seeing all these great Round Robin quilts I wish I'd had time to join. I guess I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through all the great blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, how sweet, Emily!!! Love that you could you use your new Christmas die! So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Emily! I love your flower die! I haven't finished round 4, much less started this round! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty little flowers, and I love the signature block border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful flowers!! Just perfect for the cornerstones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily you nailed it with your sweet flower corner blocks. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are perfect! Looking forward to seeing the prompt for the last round, but will be sad to see the SAHRR end.

    ReplyDelete