Sunday, June 12, 2016

Snowflake Blocks

Last fall, Faith from Fresh Lemons was hosting a quilt along for her Snowflake quilt.  It was offered through Bernina's We All Sew blog, and was done in three parts over the course of three weeks.  I knew I couldn't even start it in that time frame, let alone finish it!  But I liked that the pieces were 2 1/2 inches wide; I had just finished my I Spy strip swap, so I had all these great I Spy strips.

I had been wanting to do a pink and gray quilt, so I picked out all the pink and gray I Spy strips and I set them up with some Kona Snow as my leader and ender project.  I just finished piecing all the blocks last week.  I have 20 predominantly pink blocks and 14 predominately gray blocks.

I'm not sure I like the original layout, so I've been playing around with some other options.  I don't have a design wall, so these are laid out on my dining room table.

Option 1

Option 2


Option 3
I'm still deciding.  Most of my layouts require equal numbers of pink and gray blocks, so I might need to make a few more gray blocks.  For the moment, I've put these blocks away while I think on it. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great project to have as a leader/ender. Love the colour combo of pink and grey.

    ReplyDelete