Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June: Bear's Paws for Marie

My Stashbee Queen Marie asked for Bear's Paws in plaids.  I have always loved Bear's Paws but had never made one, so I was excited.

I struggled with this block!  I'm not sure why.  I got the "paw" part sewed backwards many, many times and did a whole lot of ripping and re-sewing.  At one point, I was frustrated and muttering to myself and Husband heard, so he came in to where I was sewing.  He looked at the tutorial up on my screen and said, "That doesn't look too complicated."  Thanks, babe.  He gets a lot of amusement out of my lack of spacial skills!

But I did end up with a finished block, plus one extra paw.

I had a second extra paw, but it was so off that I destroyed it!  I cut off the claws and saved the center square to use in the Scrap Dance Tango.

Marie asked each of use to tell her about our first job and I'll share that info here as well: I did a lot of babysitting as a teenager and through college.  I started at 13 and got to be pretty well-known as a sitter in my greater neighborhood.  If that doesn't qualify as my first job, I started working at the local public library when I was a junior in high school.  I was a page in the reference/nonfiction area and mostly shelved books and fetched back issues of magazines.  I am now a librarian, so the job clearly served me well :)

2 comments:

  1. Husbands have no respect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh husbands. It's a good thing we love them. Bear paws can be tricky, what is your plan for the extra?

    ReplyDelete