Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Finished! Halloween Quilt

My Halloween quilt is done!  I was able to get it quilted and the binding attached before our trip to Atlanta last weekend so that I could finish the binding in the car.  I love sewing binding on car trips.


The spider print in the middle came from a "fill a scrap bag" table at a local guild's quilt show I attended in March.  I was mostly looking for scraps to add to my Scrap Dance Tango quilt, but of course I could not pass up any I Spy/novelty fabrics that I came across.  The bats were a sale fabric I found shortly after that, and I thought the two would pair well together.


I quilted in diagonal grip using my "guide thingy" as wide as it would go.  I like this method, as it means I only have to mark a center line going each direction.  (See this post for details on the first time I used this contraption.) I used orange thread, and though I wasn't sure that was a good choice, I'm really happy with it now.  Ironically, I chose it partly to use up a spool of orange thread because I rarely use orange, but I ran out and had to buy more orange thread :)  Best laid plans, right?!

This was my June goal for OMG hosted by Heidi at Red Letter Quilts.  (I was goal-setter #59.)

4 comments:

  1. Cute, love Halloween quilts...I so need to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your goal! Love that black and white spider print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you need to make something else orange. I'm amazed at how many different spools of orange thread I have, and how none of them can be the right match. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A finish, well done. I'm just trying to work out if you are way behind or extremely well organised. I wish I could sew in the car, I get travel sick if I try to do anything like that. Love listening to audio books though.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete