Friday, March 11, 2022

Happy Mail & Time in a Bottle Blog Hop

 Fabric mail is the best kind of mail!  When Island Batik sent the Ambassador boxes in December, the winter pre-cuts weren't ready yet, so we all got a bonus package with a pre-cut plus coordinating yardage.  I got a 10" stack of the Santorini collection by Claudia Pfeil, plus two yards each of Wicker & Cinnamon from the always available Foundations line.  I don't have any specific plans for this fabric yet but I know I will find something great for these rich blues, greens, and coppers.

And what good is fabric without needle & thread?  Aurifil sent me their 2020 color builder box with three spools of thread in shades of pink.  The set is named after Sardinia, the second-biggest Italian island (after Sicily).  These will be featured in this months' challenge, so stay tuned for my Italian island-inspired quilt later this month.  And Schmetz needles sent three packages of their chrome professional grade needles! I have been using Schmetz needles since I started quilting in the late 90s and never use anything else.

Speaking of Happy Mail, it's time for me to send some!  The winner of the stash builder strips from my giveaway on my Busy City post is Lee.  Email has been sent to the lucky winner!

Next week, I'll be participating in the Time in a Bottle Blog Hop hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.  The theme is anything using hourglass units.  I finished my quilt last weekend on the way home from the zoo and am excited to show it to you!  The hop starts Monday, my day is Tuesday.  Check out everyone participating:


March 14

Creatin' in the Sticks

Vroomans Quilts

Patchouli Moon Studio

Samelia's Mum

Days Filled With Joy

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Stitchin At Home

 

March 15

MooseStashQuilting

Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

The Darling Dogwood

Quilting Gail

Time 4 Stitchn

Beaquilter

 

March 16

 Inflorescence

Lynn's Blog

Karen's Korner

Stitching Farm Girl

Scrapdash

Familypatchworks

 

March 17

Ms P Designs USA

Quilt Schmilt

That Fabric Feeling

Quilted Delights

Words & Stitches

Selina Quilts

 

March 18

Just Let Me Quilt

Bumbleberry Stitches

Karrin’s Crazy World

Lianne Makes Stuff

Crazy'boutquilts

6 comments:

  1. So excited to see my name as winner! Thank you Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pre-cut!!! Just beautiful!
    I look forward to seeing your Italian city challenge! AND your Time in a Bottle!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy mail indeed! What fun, and what beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More happy mail!!! That is really fun...and you will have a blast with all of it. Looking forward to this weeks hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love happy mail!! And, I received the same precut, but different yardage!

    ReplyDelete