Monday, March 21, 2022

Stay at Home Round Robin 2022

We've come to the end of the Stay at Home Round Robin.  This great sew along comes from the brilliant and creative mind of Gail from Quilting Gail.  Her idea was to do a Round Robin without needing to trade anything back and forth.  She gathered a few friends and we each picked a round, so the idea is that each person makes their own quilt based on the prompts. Here is my finished quilt!


I don't have a name for this yet. (Suggestions welcome!)  I used a beautiful assortment of Island Batik purples from the Fancy Feathers collection, along with a fun background called Cat Scratch in the color S'more.   I quilted it with a broad cross-hatch pattern and bound with Island Batik's solid Amethyst.  I'm really pleased with how this came out!  I had no plans when I started, just took each round as it came. 


Curious what each round was?  Here are each of the hosts and what they chose for their round:

Did you sew along?  Be sure to link up with Gail for the final linky party.  No worries if yours isn't finished yet, we like to see projects in all stages.  We have already decided to do this again for 2023, so look for the fun to start again in January 2023!

 



11 comments:

  1. Love you quilt, so pretty! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your background fabric works so well. On my screen it looks like a pale yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a pretty quilt, Emily! You used each border well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt, Emily!!! Those purples are fantastic!!! It's beautiful!!! Thank you for co-hosting SAHRR 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finish! I love the purples, and so a purplish name seems right - Purple Dreams is what comes to mind but there has to be something more fun as it is such a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh my favourite colours! I love how it turned out Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing up your beautiful SAHRR22 project, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish, and I LOVE the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great finish, Emily!!! A RR can be such a fuzzy mystery at the beginning and all along the way.

    ReplyDelete