Saturday, December 24, 2016

last minute Christmas gift

My dad is particularly difficult to find gifts for.  This year when I asked what he wanted, he clearly wanted me to make him something but didn't have suggestions for what.  I was at a loss until I remembered the car trash bags I have made--you can see them here and here.  So I made him one.


The main fabric is a train print that my friend Snow gave me recently.  My dad has always liked trains, and the print seemed subtle enough to work for him.  The straps & binding are Kona Pepper leftover from Here, Fishy Fishy.  I use the pattern "Not-Ugly Car Trash Bag" from the book One Yard Wonders.  I've made it several times.  I line mine with PUL so they are less likely to get gross and I've made a few other minor adjustments. 

I also used snaps this time, something that Snow added to the one I made for her this summer and I thought was brilliant.  It was my first time using my snap setter but definitely not the last!  I love how easy it was!  I went back and added snaps to mine while I had it out and will upgrade Husband's as well.

This was essentially a spur-of-the-moment make and I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! I love that I get to think of you when I get into my car. Plus, it is enough of a barrier to keep Sirius from flinging himself into the front seat!

    ReplyDelete